Europe Travel Tips You Never Knew
1. The shortest flight in the world is between two Scottish islands: Westray and Papa Westray. It takes just 47 seconds!
2. The Colosseum in Rome was once used as a fortress and a quarry before it became a tourist attraction.
3. The Netherlands has the highest concentration of museums in the world.
4. There are more bicycles than people in Amsterdam.
5. The Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, with an area of just 0.44 square kilometers.
6. The original London Bridge is now located in Arizona, USA.
7. The oldest restaurant in the world is in
, and has been open since 1725.
8. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was actually never intended to lean. It started to lean during construction due to poor foundation.
9. The city of Venice is made up of 118 small islands connected by bridges.
10. The world's first public zoo was established in Vienna, Austria in 1752.